Hippo / stuffed-animal
Kaba is a body Kaiba uses.
Kaba is limited in physical ability and unable to show facial expression; he is referred to as a "cheap body" several times. However, Kaba's resilient bounciness protects him from almost all damage. Even after a chunk of his tummy is dissolved by Vanilla's blasting gun, Kaba remains fully functional and is easily repaired. Kaba is able to rapidly deflate into a tiny cube when not in use and inflate as needed. Kaiba is seemingly unable to speak after transferring into Kaba. He later manages to converse with Grandma, much to his surprise.
Kaba has white plush-like figure similar to a hippo, elongated pink lips, and circular eyes with black pupils. He wears the locket with Neiro's picture.
Nothing is known about Kaba's past or reason for being aboard Neuron.
It is unknown whether Kaba had his own identity and memories or if he was originally an empty body. Kaba shares Kaiba's personality while he uses this body.
- Hyohyo transfers Kaiba's memory chip to Kaba after his own body is taken. Hyohyo and Kaiba (as Kaba) masquerade as "luggage" while hiding in the spaceship hold.
- Chroniko hides Kaiba (as Kaba) and Hyohyo from Vanilla who is pursuing them. The three of them become friends and they learn about Chroniko's situation.
- Kaba is pursued by Vanilla. He is shot by Vanilla's blasting gun and retreats to a nearby house to hide. The body is repaired by the old woman living the house.
- Kaba is taken from Kaiba by a body collector (a.k.a. trash collector) on Abipa. Kaiba and Hyohyo chase after the body and are offered a ride to the body collection facility by Baby, the owner of the facility. Kaba is destroyed before they arrive, and is destined to be recycled and reconstituted as the tasty free food provided on Abipa.
- "Kaba" (カバ) is "hippo" in Japanese.
Click here to view the gallery.